Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pidgin
Hate the programs used for the MSN, Yahoo and whatnot protocols?

You could give Pidgin a shot.

It supports quite alot of protocols as you may notice.
Trillian FTWCool
Kadin Wrote:Trillian FTWCool

Have to admit it looked nice at first glance.

"Get Pro" , .. *waves at website and banishes*

An IM that costs money, that's hilarious ^^
eh, just ignore the 'pro' stuff. It's like WinAmp, the free version is just as good as pro. To be honest, I don't know anyone who uses pro-anything.
I might give it a shot sometime, even though I'm not a fan of IM's altogether, but they can be handy :)
Could also try out meebo.com!
Another alternative is Miranda. This is like an open source IM, and uses almost no cpu resources, fully customizable too ^_^.
Any comment on all these programs on how well they work with other messengers? Confused I used Trillian once, but it's missing a lot, even with the pro version. The lack of readily visible avatars (that is, in the window, not on the flist) also bugged me. >.<; Also, recently my friends on MSN have been using our tablets to draw and write silly things... any comment on if these versions can do that? D:

I'm very cosmetic. >> Avatars and drawing. xD I'm looking for MSN alternatives but don't want 'em to be lacking in interactive features... Confused Any recommendations?
I like to use Internet very much and also like to surf and chat on the Internet with other people so that I can stay connected with my friends and can make new friends as well. I am using Pidgin mostly because it is very nice and it is giving very satisfactory services.