Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Assassin Guide
Very nice, J ^^

Honestly, I may have grinned when I saw your TwigSin set up, but I thought it as awesome, really!

Anyways, I don't have anything to add to the discussion, except Disrupting Accuracy won't work with Barrage as DA is a prep. You could have a bow-sassy with perhaps Quick Shot and Needling Shot (or Called Shot, whatever you prefer) if you want to bring Disrupting Accuracy. (Hmm there's an idea. I may have Cres run this if I ever play her!)
I use keen arrow in a disrupting accuracy build. On gos I take 12 marks 13 critical, disrupting accuracy, keen arrow, distracting shot and called shot (block ignoring is nice...you get interrupts on top of it!), critical eye...and 2 'whatever' slots. For bow I usually use a long bow. If someone has favorable winds I will use my ironwing flatbow (better fire rate). Keen arrow is the shit though...get good damage from it. This build is very nasty for machine gun distracting, but it is energy intensive. I may cap prepared shot to see how that behaves.

I ran ranger most of my gw time...so I enjoy a bow build...I dislike barrage even on my ranger, unless the location screams out for it. Barrage is used like a hammer when a wrench or a screwdriver is more appropriate to the job.
Zenaida Wrote:Barrage is used like a hammer when a wrench or a screwdriver is more appropriate to the job.

Mwahahaha!
damn, i knew something wasn't up with disrupting accuracy and barrage.

i wrote 2 paragraphs worth of discussion about what ranger skills could possibly be used with barrage and disrupting accuracy then i realized that 1) this isn't a ranger guide and 2) i'm devoting way to much time on Crit Barrage when i don't like it in the first place. >.>

silverwyng Wrote:Rule numbah four: when in doubt, get the hell out

I gotta say, that really got me laughing. Of course, i'm still trying to get comfortable playing as an assassin, I do love playing one though. Just gotta work on switching play modes (my other avatars/toons/chars are a warrior and a dervish). I get impatient when encountering enemies, since the H/H always run behind you.

Very helpful guide, though. I especially found the sections before the particular builds to be very helpful and entertaining to read. After that, I found it over my head since I'm not familiar with the skills.

My strategy so far has been to call the melee enemies as targets, and then run ahead towards the casters, especially the healers. I can't remember my skill set, but i know i use one chain (lead is Jagged Strike, i think), off-hand isn't (5e, 4s), and death blossom. And then 4 buffs/enchantments. I know i use Critical Agility and Way of Perfection (for the healing), I think I also use Critical Eye. I can't remember the last one. It's an elite that lets you block 75% of incoming attacks...Flashing Blades? And i use Saboteur's set. I was a bit broke when i bought runes, so i might go back to get the nightstalker... although, i like how saboteur sounds better.

Anyway, my point was that I liked your posts, and I actually *tried* to comprehend everything, but I'll probably go back later on for the more advanced information.

In short, thanks for your posts! It's really a big help!

(attached a pic of my assassin 'cause i think she's HOTT! with 2 T's! not a reference to Tee Tee!)

---------------
edited: hehehe... didn't realize the thread was MONTHS old... still good, though.
Hee :3

It's ok, I'm sure people won't mind. Also, it's a sticky - meant to be read and perhaps replied to.
yep it is Big Grin

and lets face facts, this guild is still hawt months later Big Grin
Hee, since the thread is active again, I have to say I used a twigsin build on Great Destroyer because extending through burning goo was not much fun. I added empathy and cry of pain to my bar (I have Holy Lightbringer so it does 100 damage)...I have to say it was nifty in that situation and no assassin flambe.

The other comment I have for newer assassin players when dagger assassining (this is after watching a new assassin kill himself and wondering why). If you are going for squishies in a mob group (the monk, ele or mesmer usually), loop sideways AROUND the mob, don't charge straight through the mob...this limits your contact with the frontline and makes it less likely that you will get damaged/crippled/pounded on your way to the desired target. Common sense, I know, but I wanted to just point it out. Shadow stepping removes some of the need to worry about frontline targetting you, but still, kiting and movement are so very important with sins.

Also, for goodness sakes if you are playing in a hardmode or elite area, leave your superior runes at home. The next assassin with 455hp I see complain about dying is going to receive a free minor set of runes from me. The shing jea mask (I think that's the one I buy) is not expensive...make a minor set to take along Smile
Zenaida Wrote:Hee, since the thread is active again, I have to say I used a twigsin build on Great Destroyer because extending through burning goo was not much fun. I added empathy and cry of pain to my bar (I have Holy Lightbringer so it does 100 damage)...I have to say it was nifty in that situation and no assassin flambe.

<snip>

o.O I'm almost there! *makes note to self to go as R/E for Frigid Armor*

My GL runs his assassin with lower health to hone his skills... good thing is he doesn't really complain much if he dies.
kiravon Wrote:o.O I'm almost there! *makes note to self to go as R/E for Frigid Armor*

My GL runs his assassin with lower health to hone his skills... good thing is he doesn't really complain much if he dies.

Oh yeah...vypra I know runs low health on purpose. I spent some time recently with someone who reads fanfic (but hides from us as a whole) and I hang out with him sometimes. He has a new assassin and likes to run the poor thing into the worst situations. I am 100% certain I did the same stuff he did when I was a baby sin tho Rolleyes

Oh, and something else I found good on Gossy is Blessed insignia since I find I almost always use critical agility - I am always enchanted and +10 AL is nicer than the intermittant +15 of nightstalker's.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Paragon Guide Melandhrian 7 465 07-13-2010, 11:43 PM
Last Post: ethanson12
  A L A S K A's Nuking Guide A L A S K A 4 272 03-08-2008, 02:22 AM
Last Post: the forests wisper
  Whisper's Guide to Necromancy Whisper 4 394 02-23-2008, 10:22 AM
Last Post: Whisper
Heart Farm with your assassin! RadaArashi 14 464 01-19-2008, 06:50 PM
  Goska's Little Guide to Aggro Handling as a Squishy Zenaida 1 102 01-11-2008, 08:10 AM
Last Post: kiravon
  My Silly Assassin Pet Build (but I really have fun with it) Zenaida 3 292 10-31-2007, 04:00 AM
Last Post: Lily Levant
  dervish guide the forests wisper 1 151 07-18-2007, 01:20 AM
Last Post: Silverwyng
  Forest' Trapper Guide Whisper 1 126 07-06-2007, 06:09 AM