Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GVG this weekend :D
so yea, gvg this saturday at 5pm GMT.

i came up with a team build that looks soemthing like this...

front line :

devestating hammer war:

[Image: devestatinghammerwar.jpg]
ABOSVOxR5MWALfFtyPhpEASuA

shock war:

[Image: shockwar.jpg]
AhJiEHxz5QqAV2ralfCTRAA

midline:

SoR paragon:

[Image: sorpara.jpg]
AZQSFiinZ5OP4gcFedzVeLub5N

e-surge warder:

[Image: esurgemesmer.jpg]
AlNSiKwA4gBKCegTwMAZALEAA

crip shot :

[Image: cripshot.jpg]
AyQyzktY41OzmEjq5xkX/1+GBA

backline:

not gona post builds, a RC monk and a WoH infuser monk...

and a rit flag runner:

[Image: ritflagrunner.jpg]
AoOCpKuh6gxu2Y745w0begFAA

this side was made with splits in mind, so the typical split would be the flagger, hammer war and crip shot but due to the amount of heals its rather flexible.

the paragon can be dropped for something with more punch but having so many layers of defence is always a good place to start. if we notice that enchantments are an issue the shock war can drop shock for rending touch.

on that note it does has enough damage to spike if timed correctly, so were gona want as (many if not all) people on TS/vent.

so if your intrested in coming along please put your name down for a position you woul like to play Big Grin

if you want to play but dont have the skills, you have a week to get them. also, if you dont like the skills then please place your suggestion and why you think it would fit better than 1 of the positions already stated.

cheers

~foz

p.s. henry just told me he calls dips on the shock war and ill most likely be the infuser, but that can be changed if people want that.
I'd say ditch agonizing chop on the shock warrior and replace it with disrupting chop

Also if you need an extra player I can do most but the runner. (I'm not too fond of flagging, but I could do it still).

Though I'm of course an outsider, but I'm most comfortable with either warrior or the ranger

Oh yeah, you're sort of lacking off-monk hex removal

Oh and expect the warriors to be blind alot.

Right I'll shut up now
also, assuming you are running low air magic and high str. on the shock war, you should probably be putting body blow instead of executioner's. personally, i prefer agonizing to disrupting because of the damage.
I probably have the skills to run the warrior, ranger or paragon builds...not sure about the others. I wont offer any tips cos my /age experience in GvG is about 5 minutes of woeful dying.

Also, any ideas how long these GvG events take? I can probably only spare an hour or two this weekend around that time.
Yoshiel Wrote:personally, i prefer agonizing to disrupting because of the damage.

Totally fine by me : )

I prefer disrupting chop because it's an unconditional interupt (it doesn't rely on deepwound, so to speak).

As for the damage, in theory the target *should be* dead by the time the afterspike hits. Hence why I personally don't bring another afterspike myself, so I have space for a more usefull skill : )

Again, this is preference though, I'd say anyone should have freedom in bringing what gets the most out of their playing style.

Finn Ferral Wrote:Also, any ideas how long these GvG events take? I can probably only spare an hour or two this weekend around that time.

They can take from 20 minutes to anything like X-number of hours, depending on how many matches are played, and how fast people set up : D
i wanan get this set up now so we dont have the issue of people sorting builds on the day.

given some of the points made i might tweak the build.

for now im thinking of changing the paragon to a blind bot warder and changeing the mesmer to help with hex's and other things rather than have the ward. the hammer war will be earth shaker not dev hammer because it has better utility for +1 adren.

ill change the build in the morning.

as for body blow/agonizing/dchop

if were takeing an air ele with bsurge i think body blow would be best, but as u said, its prefrence.
Well i'm in... obviously a ranger would be my prefered choice tho I could probably run a warrior aswell... It's all fun and I fully admit i'm a right noob at GvG but I guess there's only one way to learn Tongue

Would there be any room for an Ele? I could do that build too, well maybe :S

~SD~
new plan....

everyone do your top 3 positions you would like to run and in what order...like

1) monk infuser
2) hammer war
3) crip shot
1) Shock Warrior
2) Hammer Warrior
3) Crip Shot Ranger

That's my top three, though they all share the same position in some way.

I realize that alot of people will want to play these though, so I would like to repeat I can play all (that is, if you would want to have me along).

Not sure if I may address this or not, but there is no difference in "difficulty" between the classes/jobs. (for example, a Warrior is not "easier" to play than the Mesmer)

One plays as a team, one wins as a team and one loses as a team. At least in my opinion : )

Plus it's more important that games are played, than actually winning them! (remember that, and all will be smooth sailing).
1. Cripshot Ranger
2. Paragon
3. Hammer Warrior

I chose these three because I think I would have a fairly good idea as to what to do when...but I'm also happy to fill any role that is needed.