Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
dealing with defence
if anyone has played any high level PVP you know how important a good defence is... that leads to the big question...if your foe has 10 diffrent ways to defend then how can you score kills and win?

before i answer that lets look at the usual suspects...

spells/shouts:
clicky clicky linky linky

thats the skill animations and names of the thing you will most likely see in high level play.

Kiteing: the process of running around to negate damage. think about it this way, all players in this game run at a preset speed with out a speed buff, that means if a warrior is pounding on you , and u run, he has to run at the same speed to keep up...so he has no time to swing. that means 100% of damage never hit and it cost your monks 0 energy to do that Big Grin

blind: alot of ways to apply it, the solution is to let your monks know about it so it can be removed.

so lets break them down on what to do when you see them, and if they land, what to do...

if you see any of the spells being cast...INTERUPT THEM!

i know its painfuly obviouse but just trust me, ude be amazed how often people fail to do this.  same for DA.

if they hit it depends on what it is. if DA hits...sucks to be you, u cant remove it.

if its an enchantment like aegis, ask for an enchantment removal, preferably something like mirror of disenchantment does the job best.

most other enchantments simply require a basic enchantment strip.

if thats not an option, switch targets. no point useing a skill that can do 100 dmg having 40 dmg taken off it from PS or have 80 dmg negated from SB's heal.

when it comes to wards, you need to get them out the ward with AoE or go into the ward and deal with it.

as for how to deal with kiteing, snares/KD's and/or a speed buff are the usual way to stop that pesky monk from running away.

well thats all i can think of at the sec, if anyone else has any other advise to share please feel free Big Grin

cheers

foz
Here are some other good links from the Team Quitter forums :3

For Rangers:
http://www.teamquitter.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3797

For Monks:
http://www.teamquitter.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2844

For Warriors:
http://www.teamquitter.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3484

And a little guide by Lego Mezzes Out for mesmers (Rebels Rising [rawr]):
http://www.guildcafe.com/GuildThread.php...797&f=8056
Its very quiet at work today. So I think I will put my feet up and browse through these articles. Too bad i cant install GW here though.
bedo...i run GW via my ipod at work Tongue

ill post a guide on it at some point

/back to topic...

ty david for the links, ive found the team quitter site to be solid gold at every turn Big Grin sure its also in need of a resident fire fighter to stop the flameing...but meh i guess u cant have HA and no flameing in a forum.
the forests wisper Wrote:bedo...i run GW via my ipod at work Tongue

How does that work :O!?
David Lupin Wrote:
the forests wisper Wrote:bedo...i run GW via my ipod at work Tongue

How does that work :O!?

I would very much like to know as well.

I suspect he's using the iPod as a portable HDD then his icon links to the assigned drive letter.

Did I win the prize?Tongue

I'm probably way off base though....
bingo jay... copy your program files for GW onto ur ipod and just run it, it will install the icon automaticly, so to hide the "evidence" it takes me all of 4 seconds to delete 1 icon and a tug on the ipod cord Tongue

kudos to pen for giving me the idea with the transfer of the .dat file.
Oh that is awesome Big Grin
I must try this.

**EDIT** I tried it. It worked :3! I had to download about 5,000 files on the other computer but it worked once it was done. Do you have to download any files after doing it or was it just me?
i did, but its only the shortcuts,ect.

Big Grin happy sneaky GW times!

EDIT: i think it might be the new LB/SS point update...
Well, I put my entire GW folder in there :p What all did you throw in :3? j/w cause the 5,000 file wait isn't too bad, but if I could avoid it that'd be even better :3

(Also, I got the SS/LB update prior to doing this. :O)