Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
its the most wonderful time of the year...
the time we all get ill QQ (well maby not for finn)

im being sent home with flu and it got me thinking, every family has that secret way of dealing with stuff like colds and flu...in mines its eat a small bucket of chillis and it will deal with any blocked noses and stuff.

cause i feel like ship im willing to try anything Tongue

so do tell
stick your head over a bowl of hot water with a towel over your head. The steam should clear your sinuses.....
There really is no miracle sure, but you can improve your symptoms in various ways. Whenever I get a cold (or flu) this is what I do:

Take a super-hot-and-steamy shower (the kind that leaves you sweating after you get out, literally). Then put on my warmest jammies and slippers.

Once you're dressed, curl up on the couch with about 5 warm heavy blankets and a steaming cup of either tea or cocoa (tea is better, no milk to cultivate the bug and cause more phlegm/mucus).

Basically, you "bake" yourself for a day (maybe 2). It doesn't "cure" you, but afterwards you'll at least be able to function.

Then it is just a matter of getting the gunk out of your sinuses and chest. More hot steamy showers should melt it right out.

Obviously, you can't be in the shower all day so to keep your sinuses clear chew Dentyne ICE gum (if available in your area and you think your stomach can handle the extra saliva). There is a chemical in it that effervesces and clears most people's nose and chest, kinda like Vicks VapoRub, but without the goop. It has Aspartame, so if you have a certain rare condition (Phenylketonuria, odds are you'll know if you do) don't chew it.
well here where i live (that would be germany then) there is a medicine called Meditonsin. i'm not quite sure what kind of stuff is in there, but it's said to be a homeopathical (did i write that correct?) cure to colds and flu and whatnot.

and it helps, really.
Right, to get rid of the flu, you will need the following:

Two Rubber Chickens
One teaspoon of chaos
three robot (animated works sometimes) machines
1/2 pound of regurgitated mutant dinosaur
2/3 spoonful of the Chanti' Virus
1/3 teaspoon of molten lava (the spoon ..may melt)
2 Dodo eggs
1 pound of Mummy Wraps (Egypt be my bet)
1 Companion Cube
and the most important ingredient, 23 crushed halipeno peppers.

Put that all together in a bowl, mix till boiling, throw it in a cake of your choice. And Feel better forests. /o/
Personally, I prefer to sleep through the whole thing. TheraFlu is the American remedy I prefer, it makes into a tea-ish sort of thing...also, NyQuil can be a huge help Tongue
Yah, if my choatic medicine doesn't work (trust me, thats like 1 in a billionthtrillionthninjatcularith chance), then I do what mel does, sleep + take awesome drugs like nyquil n.n/.

and sit in bed or on GW and spend hours doing stuff Big Grin
all is not lost i have lemsip!

no idea if u guys have that in the states but its like a paracetomol cruched up and mixedwith other stuff to make it taste like lemon when u add hot water Big Grin
tastes awesoem and makes me feel 100% better...but not so well i can go to work 2morrow *cough* >_>

My chaos recipe makes me feel 110% better :/.
Lemsip?!?!?

lol

lemsip contains 625mg paracetamol, some caffine and a load of rubbish....

2 soluble paracetamol = 1000mg paracetamol, add to warm ribena... and you have the same thing... thats what I use Smile

Plus the old adage of ''feed a cold and starve a fever''

B