Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is proper etiquette upon seeing a Luxon
All,

I am still learning the game mechanics, however, when I was in Ascalon City (Pre-searing) I was mousing over a few of the other characters. There was one character that, when I placed the cursor on him, a small window appeared below his IGN stating he was allied with the Luxons. It didn't seem to occur on any other characters. I know we are in the Kurzick faction, but really not sure what that means yet. Am I supposed to do anything when confronted with such a situation?

Confusedly,

Beach
Well, I think the only place that it makes any difference at all is in Alliance Battles in Factions. That's where we actually fight them. So far as whether guilds choose to ally themselves with the Luxon or Kurzick faction, it doesn't really make any difference. We don't taunt them in public places or anything, at least our Guild doesn't. We have a few friends of the Guild that are allied Luxon with their own guilds but play pretty frequently with us. I would say...you know...that we aren't actually of Luxon or Kurzick nationality, and it really doesn't make any difference to us what people's guild allegiences are. I hope that makes sense.
OK, thank you for clarifying. My reputation and therefore, by association, my Guild and Alliance's reputation for that matter are important to me. At this point my low level and inexperience can't do much to help the Alliance, but poor etiquette, regardless of level, can damage how we as an Alliance are percieved. I just wanted to make sure. Thank you for taking the time to answer what must seem to be obvious (noob) questions.

Beach
It's really all contextual. Like Mel said, it really only matters when you go into Alliance Battles (ABs) and certain parts of the Factions Campaign. A Luxon can finish the campaign just as easily as a Kurzick can, they just play in a different environment and do a couple different missions.

Other than that, they're just "average joes" like you and I. Treat them with respect just as you would any other player you don't know the alliance of.

Some players take it to the extreme and start getting a little ...vile... but that's just the way things go.

Beach Mystic Wrote:OK, thank you for clarifying. My reputation and therefore, by association, my Guild and Alliance's reputation for that matter are important to me. At this point my low level and inexperience can't do much to help the Alliance, but poor etiquette, regardless of level, can damage how we as an Alliance are percieved. I just wanted to make sure. Thank you for taking the time to answer what must seem to be obvious (noob) questions.

Beach

Whoops....I guess I was a little slow...Smile

Basically, be respectful and you'll be fine.
<-- Luxon at heart!
kiravon Wrote:<-- Luxon at heart!

Tyrian here (''\(^^)/'')

..Sorry , I had to
Sorry, out-n-out Kurskick here... Luxon, meh...all that boring jade... gimme the forests anyday.

Also... The tag on their name can refer to the rank in the title track they are working on. There are a variety of tracks, some based on cartography, alliance faction, skills... theres also a title track for how many titles you have Tongue

~W
Looks really great maybe I would use different font in e luxon up there but how I am saying good done work.I have not found anything on line to show how words sound. A Luxon can finish the campaign just as easily as a Kurzick can,they just play in a different environment and do a couple different missions.