Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Rules
Standards of Conduct
Here's another post I thought I'd never have to write, but apparantly it is also necessary. Here are the standards of conduct that were at one time *unwritten* rules of playing nicely in [bath] and in the alliance.

1) Be polite in Guild/Team/Alliance chat. There's no reason to be rude to anyone in public. I don't care that they happen to be a cretin with rocks for brains, taking them to task in public isn't going to change anything except to cause more problems. Take it to PM, or take it to the Guild Hall.

2) Absolutely the GC/Alliance Chat must be kept to PG-13. I know that thirteen year olds know more than they should, but that doesn't mean that we should be teaching it to them. They have parents and schoolmates to learn things from. Remember, everyone can be an example. It is up to you to decide what type of example you will be.

3) Abusive language will not be tolerated.

4) No Begging. One request on GC and one request on AC is sufficient. People can't always drop what they're doing to come and help you do whatever, and it's unreasonable to think that they will.

5) Do not spam people in private chat about how soon it will be before they get there to help you with whatever. They said they'd do it, give them a chance to finish what they're doing. If someone tells you they're in a mission, they don't have time to stop every ten seconds and pm you that they're still in said mission/quest. Remember that 60% dp really stinks...and 60% dp because some impatient person wouldn't SHUT UP and let you GET ON WITH IT stinks even worse.

6) No Flaming

7) Decisions made by officers are final. You may appeal to the Guild Leader in PM if you feel it necessary. Be prepared for a wait so that the Guild Leader may check out all the facts and get back to you. Please refer back to the no-spamming rule.

8. There will absolutely be no personal attacks. You can discuss someone's behavior without calling names. For instance: "Joe, your incident of swearing last night at Bill has just earned you a seven day probation. Please refer back to the forums and leave a post on the rules to show that you've read them. This works much better than : "Joe, you childish arsewipe, why can't you act like an adult?" I'm sure you all see what I mean.

9) Please do not attempt to sell things on Guild or Alliance chat. There is a place to post in the forums if you wish to sell something.

10) Please be nice. There's just no reason to not be nice to each other. We are a guild of friends, please do not force the officers to assume their actual status and do things that they do not really want to do. None of us want to excersize our authority, we want to help the gameplay run smoothly and help every player that we can. This can't happen when guild members openly stab officers in the back in guild chat, then proceed on to twisting the knife. Words mean things. The old saying about sticks and stones isn't true. Words can wound a soul worse than getting a good beating can hurt the body, and the wound to the soul takes longer to recover from.

11) It was pointed out to me that there are often accusations of wrongdoing that end up as he said/she said arguments. If you believe someone was out of line, please take a screenshot and submit it to your Guild Leader, and to me via the forums.

Thanks!

Amy (IRL)/Melandhrian/Devlin/Tremaine/Ang/Taraz/Deirdre

>_>

<_<

*votes /sticky*

gr8 to see it written down so everyone understands from now on Big Grin
Stickied

~W
Good idea. Thank you Mel!
Unfortunately when an alliance or guild gets to a critical mass, there have to be posted rules. This seems to be the price you pay for more people, more chaos and more power.

The posted rules seem reasonable enough. I hope that we don't ever have to discipline people or tell them more than once NOT to do something.

Take it easy Mel, you are still doing good! I don't envy you Sad
Anytime you get a group together as large as this alliance is, there's bound to have to be rules set. We'd like to think some would go without saying, but I've found that isn't reality, unfortunately. Having it spelled out in writing leaves little room for err.

We need "I support Mel" banners to parade around! Tongue
Zoe Wrote:Anytime you get a group together as large as this alliance is, there's bound to have to be rules set. We'd like to think some would go without saying, but I've found that isn't reality, unfortunately. Having it spelled out in writing leaves little room for err.

We need "I support Mel" banners to parade around! Tongue

consider it done (sorry its low tech, only had a few mins to do it)

[Image: supportmelfunny.jpg]
the forests wisper Wrote:[Image: supportmelfunny.jpg]

Forest, you rock. Big Grin

It's about 6am and I'm getting ready for work and just about woke up the hubby by having a total gigglefit over this. ~_^
its my h-c0re 1337 skills in paint!

sorry about the awakening bit though >_>
One question... what is Flaming?
Sorry I might be being thick but i'm not sure..... I have an idea but it might be wrong :S