Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Random in game conversation
Well, this was so funny to me that I had to share. So I was in game last night, trying to catch the last of the Dragon Festival (or Fesitval).

Anyhow, someone whispers me. I don't know who it is but he says he likes to read fanfic on GWO and of course I respond "oh cool, good to meet you". Then it starts getting funny.

PM: So, I was wondering if I could post my non guild wars story on the site?

Me: No, read the rules, it has to have some connection to gw.

PM: But I am really good

Me: You are welcome to link it in the lounge

PM: But I really like the fanfic forum and I would like feedback

Me: Well, write some gw fiction, if you are good, people will go back to your site and read your non gw stuff

PM: I hate gw lore and the storyline is stupid

Me: You don't have to use lore or cannon or even the same era

PM: I write science fiction

Me: Well that isn't gw stuff is it?

PM: So can I post or not?

Me: Not serially, you can link in lounge as I said

PM: That sucks, I like the community

Me: Yeah it is nice...sorry though...surely you see...

PM: I think it should just be for writing

Me: But it is a gw forum...there are dozens of forums for fiction out there and I am sure some are just as nice

PM: (some cursing and whining) never going back to GWO, too many rules

Me: Sorry

Anyhow it continued for awhile after this. I genuinely felt bad for him/her/cheeseburger, but if he hates gw lore and story...errr...why does he read on the forum? It just struck me as weird.
o_O

That is odd. Maybe he doesn't have anywhere else to post? Kinda silly though... I almost feel sorry for him :p
yea me too... poor chap
But why??

It's pretty silly to think that you can post any fiction on GWO. I'd love to read what he writes and I'm sure we would love to accomodate it. But to persist in the hope that he can write something totally unrelated to Guild Wars fic on that particular forum is silly.

Personally I feel more sorry for Zen for having to explain stuff in game to someone that she shouldn't have to explain to.

And you don't have to write GW fiction to become a friend to this community. You can just read a bit and comment on the existing stories if you want to do that.

Yah I gave him options, I was polite. He could have linked in the lounge and I would not have minded....

Or he could have done a parody of Varesh in space or something...

I don't know who it was though...he may very well post on GWO regularly so I am trying to be kind of...well sneaky talking about it here. I did feel sorry for him...but he was PERSISTENT to the point that I started getting a little put out.

Anyhow...I wrote a SUPER FAN entry to see if I can land a party ticket at PAX next week. Here it is in all of its vain glory (it was limited to 100 words or I would have mentioned all of you individually):

I blame you.

I had not written for five years when I came across some Guild Wars fan fiction. This lit a spark and as of today, I have written some 700 pages of stories about Guild Wars. As a fanfic moderator at GWO, I have encouraged my madness among other writers and I have enjoyed every moment! This spilled into the game and I now belong to an alliance with my best writing friends.

Even if this entry wins me nothing, thank you for inspiring me to write again, it is a gift worth more than any party pass.
''best writing friends''

/sigh

so honoured!!

Yay Zen!

<3

~W
*flutter flutter flutter*

I am a super fan!

I am going to the GW Partay. I have to meet Gaile to get the ticket...omg!
wheeee Zen!

Have lots of fun and make sure you enjoy yourself. I soo wish I was going. Bring backs some stories Big Grin

Most importantly, have a great time, and let us know whether Anet is reading the FF forums. We are all dying to know Big Grin
Finn Ferral Wrote:wheeee Zen!

Have lots of fun and make sure you enjoy yourself. I soo wish I was going. Bring backs some stories Big Grin

Most importantly, have a great time, and let us know whether Anet is reading the FF forums. We are all dying to know Big Grin

:O GRATZ!

i demand pictures and stuffs!

and make sure they read the FF forums! if they don't already that is Rolleyes

most of all, enjoy it, its well deserved Big Grin
Oooh, yaaaay Zen!

Can't wait to hear how it goes. Hope you have a blast there! And yus, plug the FF forum. It's where all the cool kids go. Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Random Flash website Lily Levant 0 158 04-01-2008, 06:37 AM
Last Post: Lily Levant
  Ytube random Xmass stuff Indigo 1 131 12-25-2007, 07:54 PM
Last Post: the forests wisper
  Happy Holidays random Fan Art Forum Gal Zenaida 4 174 12-19-2007, 06:21 AM
Last Post: Whisper