Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Signatures
Hiyee.

Don't post that often, but I'm trying to encourage myself to do so by making a kewl lil' signature image. nn I was wondering if these things are allowed here, or are people generally turned off by large images in forums? :p

If the latter is the case, I'll edit my signature and show this off here only. \o/ To compensate for the bulkiness of an image, I removed all the text from my signature and made sure the signature itself was functional, only listing the chars I actually play (which, besdes Mog, isn't all that much).
[Image: MogSig.png]

All done with GIMP. It's easy to make renders of your characters now if you take a pic of your char in the Isle of Wurms with the black backdrop. Makes cutting your char out of the background easy. :3
I think it looks CoolSmile
How'd you get the nifty background with GIMP :O?
Well I think it looks very cool and I don't see why they wouldn't be allowed.  Cool
David Lupin Wrote:How'd you get the nifty background with GIMP :O?

I used grunge brushes. :3 Most of them I found on Deviant Art's GIMP Brushes category. I essentially put a bunch of random grunge brushes down, duplicated the layer, multiplied the first layer of brushes, then went to Tools > Color Tools > Colorize (may not be the actual direction, doing this from memory) and adjusted the colors 'till I found something I like. :3

And thanks for the comments, everyone! <3
I think it looks spiffy, Mog! It's the super flashy lights in technocolors that make me want to poke my eyes with pointy things. >.< Yours is very nice, and makes me want to play around to see what I could come with! (Of course, downloading the program itself would be the first step) Tongue
Oooo Now I want one! *squees*
pendaran Wrote:Oooo Now I want one! *squees*

So do I.

Maybe Mog can turn it into a money-making business to pay for Flea's FoW armor .... Wink
Hmmm. :o Yeah, I wouldn't mind doing that, actually. If you want me to make a siggy, I'd be happy to. Big Grin I love making them.

What I would need is a photoshoot with each character... or at least take a picture of your character in your preferred pose in the Isle of Wurms (in front of the black backdrop) so that I can make a render of it. Also, let me know any grungey or marbley or sparkly feelings you want for the background, as well as any fonts and characters you want listed. nn

Would 5k (plus tips? Big Grin) a sig be fair, or is that too much? :o
sounds just right Mog =)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Signatures Lily Levant 10 380 12-19-2007, 03:02 PM
Last Post: Kess