Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Targeting Issue
My standard procedure upon encountering a mob is to target the healers/spellcasters first. As they seem to occupy the back ranks, I am often "cut off" by a charging foe, which stops me in my tracks. I can either then attack the foe in front of me, or try to navigate around him to reach the caster. This seems to waste a bit of time, I was curious if there was a more surefire way of ensuring I reach the intended target first, or is that just wishful thinking?

Beach
It's pretty much wishful thinking. The AI attempts tanking and body-blocking just like you would. The key is to outsmart it, trouble is, when you do, you can let it at your back line as well.

What you can do, instead of just hitting attack and letting the system automatically run you up to your target, is select your target and use your run keys until you're right next to him then commence your attack.

If you use tactics similar to pulling, you can still tank the mob and take the healer out first.
Alexander the Great used a flanking 'divide and conquer' technique to decimate countless armies. The GW adaptation of this would be to have you and a hero off to one side, then uses your party commands to navigate one of your other heroes to aggro the enemy. When the enemy 'tanks' and melee fanatics charge your people, you and your hero buddy swoop in from the side and quickly eliminate their casters. Normally giving up the initiative is a big no-no in warfighting, but if your party is tough enough, you should make it out just fine.
Apart from the fact that you charging past enemy warriors to get to their healers will usually lead to those enemy warriors getting to your healers, you can use speed boost. Enemy AI evaluates targets in battle, and using any kind of speed boost makes AI re-evaluate target. So, if you really want to get to the healer:
- option 1 is to keep whatever aggro you acquired and drag it with you to the enemy monk.
- option 2 is to use speed boost, and even if some enemies locked on you, as soon as you hit that Sprint, they'll break the aggro and look for new targets.
- option 3 for heroes is to lock your heroes, or 2, on a target monk and take care of the rest of the mob yourself/with henchies and other hero.
Option 3 is a good choice once you get NF or EoTN, but since you only have Proph ATM, you won't be able to do that. It is not possible to "lock" henchmen on to a target.
I have just finished it last night and I pretty much agree with this, but almost all of the characters strengthen through the last half of the book. The two humans still end up being a bit forgettable, but all of the other characters on the team become increasingly more sympathetic. I suspect this may be intentional, as a way of stirring up our interest in rolling characters of the non-human races.
jayeddie Wrote:Option 3 is a good choice once you get NF or EoTN, but since you only have Proph ATM, you won't be able to do that.  It is not possible to "lock" henchmen on to a target.

I have tried more to locked the henchmen on the target. But I always get failure in it. It seems to be very hard to lock it as well. I hope that It is really possible. Even I have also asked about it to my colleague, He is also unaware about it.