Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Small Vent server coming online
Hi all. If I should have put this somewhere else, feel free to move it.

I've already told a couple of you that I was planning on setting up my old computer as a Ventrilo server. I think I finally have it finished, and I would like to make it available to the alliance.

First things first. As with anything else that's new, a couple rules need to be put in place before people can connect. I know, I know, I guess I'm gonna need a poncho to protect me from the tomatoes:

Most of the rules stem from this unfortunate fact:
The server software I have only allows 8 simultaneous connections. These are referred to as "slots" by the documentation. I've tried messing with the server's settings but that is all it will allow, no matter what I set it to. As a result, some if not most of the rules may sound a little on the selfish side. I am aware of this situation and I apologize in advance, I hope that you will understand.

Rules:
1) See the "Alliance Chat" threads, everything in those applies here as well.
1A) Breaking any of those rules will result in 1 warning, then a ban.
2) If I am on GW, only 7 people (other than myself) can connect at any given time.
3) If I am in a group with any other BATH members, they will be given priority to connect.
3A) If there are enough slots remaining, I will create channels for other users.
3B) If there are not enough slots, you may be asked to release yours for someone else. If you do not reply, you may be kicked.

If you agree to the server rules, and would like to use it, please whisper me if you see that I am on. To establish BATH membership, when I receive your message I will reply in the alliance chat channel, so be sure it is not filtered. Once membership is confirmed, whisper me a username, password, and phonetic pronunciation (in english) that you would like to use. I will create the user and PM the connection IP back to you as confirmation.

After that, log on and enjoy.
i also have a ventrilo server, with far more slots available, if people are interested. i have set up a "guildwars" channel with password "gw". the server is calcium.typefrag.com 28731

i also don't mind setting up sub-channels in case we have more than one group going.