Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where iz teh GvG!
Hello guys! My guild, WitB, has started GvGing again! Sure, we got our rank back up to 9k from 2k, but! that's normal since its been ages.

Anyways, I was wonderin if anyone is interested in GvGing with us! If so, I would like to know a few things!

A) What would you rather play/learn?

B) Do you have a mic/ts/vent and are comfortable with being on a VOIP battle?

C) Experience doesn't matter so much, but it helps me and a few other guys strategize if you know any, so if you have PvP/GvG expeirence I'd like to know a bit more about you!

D) What was here first, the chicken or the egg?

Anyways, so, yah, IGN is Kira Yamate. We have been running Balanced builds, with a ganker ranger, and 2 hexers  (necro and mesmer), no gimmick stuff here \Big Grin/, so I would like to know if you want to guest/play with us sometime, just so I can set up teams easier, id love to have ppls who i can invite to play Big Grin

Furthermore, i'm sure peoples view's on PvP has been low due to the hostility and animosity that some guilds may create, I want to assure you that we are doing this for mere fun, sure a nice rank is nice to have, but its not our goal. Our goal is to have fun! With GWEN around the corner, (12 hours and counting), new crazy, wonderful builds will be implemented and that shld be even funner! (zomg wat is killing me, oh..cracked armor making me an easy target! :[)

Anyways, thanks for anyones time for reading this introduction/persuasive awesomeness of a thread <3
Ooh, /pickme

A) Mid-line or back-line. I haven't played casters in a while but I'd like to pick that up again.

B) I have a built-in mic and I can get vent or TS. I'll be comfortable as long as I'm with semi-familiar people.

C) Not much experience =/

D) Earth.
Yes I would play with you sometime. You already know that I believe I a an eternal N00b in regards to pvp.

I like support roles that allow me to see the entire battlefield and respond. I enjoy builds with ice snares, party heals, tainter, orders, wards, protection monking etc. That is, I like being quietly essential and not the showy one. I dislike melee in pvp because I get very tunnel visioned...this is generally fine in pve, but it is pretty much 5 seconds until death in pvp. Please..even though I have the skills...don't ask me to bunny thump or assassin.

I can get a microphone.

I have about 300k faction from last year. I no longer consider myself experienced because of my absense. Most of my gvg I ran prot monk and was reputedly good at it.

An Aside: Yes, I have had VERY bad experiences with rude pvp people and that is a lot of what turned me away from competing. Yes, I have a thin skin and I am sensitive. However, I also think I am a kind person and I expect the same level of respect that I give others...I get disappointed when I get insults instead. I expect to be told how I play badly and how I can improve, but I won't tolerate being called a moron or references to my gender. The former is helpful, the latter will fill me with venom, kthx.

That being said...there's no better thing in GW than a functioning and high spirited gvg team. So I really want to try again.
Sure I'll join yer GvG grou*is shot by Forest*

Nah seriously, I know Forest has been working hard to get BATH more PvP experience and I really want to be a part of that if I can, but if you do have spare slots and you are playing for fun, I'd love to get any more experience that I can.  Every time I learn a new build or how to effectively use new skills that I rarely touch in PvE makes the game richer for me, so I'd be delighted to fill a slot if needed for anything.

I've only really had scrim experience, where I have played runner and front line mostly.  And I'm all for the politeness - I've never understood why people need to be condescending towards others in a game, sure the odd 'bwhahaha' from other players when they pwn me is ok -whisp Wink - but if I ever got a ton of abuse of someone in PvP for the way I play then I would just pity them for their narrowmindedness tbh (and needle shot them to death later hehehe).
*takes notes*

im kinda incharge of the bath gvg/pvp at the moment so ide love to come join u guys for a giggle Big Grin

anything i can learn and take bk to camp BATH would rock tbh Big Grin

i can play shock/conjour axe war, earth shaker war or a prot monk with ZB or SoD. i can do midline or gank ranger but im not all that gd in that part.

im also just writing up my predictions on the GWEN skill changes to the meta game so be sure to add comments on that

cheers m8 Big Grin
Its been awhile since I've GvG'd but its perhaps the most fun I've ever had in PvP :/

A) I'm comfortable with Backline/Midline. I'm not totally up on the GvG monk builds but I ran monk nine times outta ten during GvG's. If I got to play some midline offensive casters (i.e. necro or mesmer you mentioned) once in awhile I'd be content. :3

B) I have TS. I have Vent. I have a mic. Woot.

C) I used to be in a GvG guild called Curse The Epidemic [CuTE], we were in the 500's and I had a great time with them. I have over 1,100,000 balth faction if that shows any experience Confused

D) Moa Bird Egg? What? Where?
Right, so. My team is still working on a strategy *i am trying to avoid gimmicks >_>, and the typical balanced with shock/conjure war's , and bsurge warders* , but i'll see, GWEN skills, gunna wait till i figure it all out before we decide on builds. Everyone's ideas/contribution wld be awesome. and forest! we shld defintely like work together m8~
im still on the ''were does everyone fit'' phase Big Grin

i also h8 gimmick teams >< we went against this SF spike team once... had 3 zhed and only 1 monk in it for cripe sake /sigh

decided to only draft the metagame post >_> so that shouuld be around to day when i see the gwen skill updates
A) Frontline, 'nuff said.

B) Got Vent and TS, good mic, and can lead/call during battle.

C) 1 of the founders of PnH, Been in WM international, and then I ended up in WitB! Would be awesome to get r20+ Big Grin!

D) The chicken, God made the animals, not the eggs.